Friendly Request

If you consider useful the information of this blog, please click on our sponsors ads. This will help me to still working on this blog and providing you the best information. Thanks!!!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Publish a web site in Windows Azure

I like to use Web Matrix 3 tool for my “home developments”. Microsoft Web Matrix is a free, lightweight, cloud-connected web development tool that you can use to publish your web site into Windows Azure in just some simple steps. You can download it from this link http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

When you have finished your development, from the Web Matrix environment, click on Publish button (in the ribbon):

clip_image001

In this case I will use a test site I have created for a non-profit organization where I am collaborating.

On the window opened, click on Create a new site option:

clip_image003

Select a name for your site, and a location:

clip_image004

And click OK:

clip_image005

clip_image007

Click Continue to start a compatibility test of your code.

If the result is successful you should see something like that, Click Continue:

clip_image008

Select the files to upload (in case you don’t want to upload all of them) and click Continue:

clip_image010

Publishing process will start in the bottom of Web Matrix environment, and advise you when it is completed:

image

 

You can see the log files clicking in the link:

clip_image016

And it is ready!!! http://fietgratia.azurewebsites.net/ 

clip_image018

In your Windows Azure Manager console you can see a new item in Web Sites section:

https://manage.windowsazure.com/

clip_image001[4]

No comments:

Post a Comment