Friendly Request

If you consider useful the information of this blog, please click on our sponsors ads. This will help me to still working on this blog and providing you the best information. Thanks!!!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Cannot connect to WMI provider - SQL Server 2005

I have received this error message when I have tried to open the Aliases section of SQL Native Client Configuration on the SQL Server Configuration Manager. After to research during some time I have eliminated the error executing the following command from command line on my SQL 2005 Server :

mofcomp "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"

The output should be something similar to that:

image

This error appeared because during setup some .mof files (Managed Object Format) has not been installed or registered correctly. Mofcomp is a program responsible for registering and storing the data associated with .mof files (it should be on C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared).

No comments:

Post a Comment